Monday, November 29, 2010

Wuhan land of possible future prosperity

Welcome to Wuhan




 Last Chinese New Year we decided to make a trip to Wuhan because plane tickets were super cheap. If I remember correctly, a ticket was only $45.00. This city prides themselves for being in the middle of China and cooking Chairman Mao's favorite fish. Wuhan was a bit on the ghetto side but it was still fun.

 

Arriving at the train station 

 
So many people in one place but is not an uncommon sight.

                               Meat stick men singing to attract customers              Random Street Art
                                                                    

I was very surprised to find this group of women in the middle of China trying to save the world. They were very impressive and funny.
Cute old lady selling snacks next to a bus station

I've never seen soooo many pads in one isle and no tampons.

We found this guy on a bridge making insect figures out of bamboo.


Hanging out with these kids eating my deep fried banana covered in mayonnaise and chocolate. Sounds nasty but was quit tasty.

The banana guy making my delicious concoction.

Experimentation with the frog...


Chris and I

By the end of this trip we were so ragged looking. I think I was in the same two outfits for over a week. I hate having to lug my stuff around when traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment